It’s Friday already? Here’s what I’ve got for you this week:
* Tips from the Huffington Post about how to actually get some writing done.
* A fabulous weekly feature from Jane Friedman about the best tweets for writers. It’s similar to this post, but includes only Twitter messages. It’s also a great way to find other writers to follow in the Twittersphere.
* A litmus test for the opening line of your book at Editor Unleashed. I’m applying this to the first chapter of my travel memoir.
* The Blood-Red Pencil offers questions writers should ask themselves to determine whether there are holes in their story arc.
* More questions to ask yourself, this time before committing to a book title. It’s geared toward nonfiction but works for fiction, too.
* You’ve got a book idea — Now what? A guest post by author Elizabeth Craig.
* As I explained last week, I like to include one example of awesome writing because it makes me a better writer. This week it’s the New York Times’ Modern Love column.
Hope you and I both get some writing done this weekend!