Are you writing a travel memoir? Join our Ning group, Travel Memoir Writers, where we share ideas and learn from one another.
If you click on the link, you’ll notice I have to approve you before you can join. Why? Because we want to feel comfortable being honest about our projects, asking each other for advice, discussing details like which literary agents we’re submitting to — without the whole Web watching. The group is open to anyone who wants to join, it’s just not accessible to non-members.
To get an idea of who’s there and what we talk about, check out these introductions and comments by some of the writers.
It’s not easy to find resources on the Web that deal specifically with travel memoir. Here are a few blog posts that might help you:
- Why you should reveal embarrassing details in memoir.
- Why your proposal and query letter are better in first person.
Interviews with authors of travel memoirs:
- Restless writing with Mary Morris, travel memoirist
- Another writer who wandered in Africa: Tanya Shaffer
- First Comes Love, Then Comes Malaria = Hilarious