Happy Friday! My favorite links from this week:
- Is travel writing becoming by and for the wealthy? Travel writer Jason Cochran brings up some good points in this post.
- Writer Courtney Kane says second-hand books come into our lives when we’re supposed to read them. Love it.
- Some advice on describing places in your travel writing, from Matador Network editor Julie Schwietert Collazo.
- Nomadic Matt brings us a list of the best travel tweeps on Twitter.
- Interesting podcast from MediaBistro’s GalleyCat, an interview with journalist and author Daniel Okrent. He offers insight into the future of journalism and publishing.
Today I’m heading somewhere that requires use of my passport — yay! But I’ve scheduled a fabulous interview for Monday with an author who will share her small-press expertise. Check back next week!