Hooray for links!
- Mashable tells us how freelancers are using social media for real results. If you’re not doing this, you’re missing opportunities.
- MediaBistro’s GalleyCat offers a list of the best books on writing. Be sure to read through the comments for more recommendations.
- Why are chef’s memoirs popular with people who don’t care to cook themselves? Because they’re not really about food, says The Guardian’s books blog. The message here applies to other types of memoir, too.
- The Intern blesses us with tips on how not to write a non-fiction book proposal. As usual, I’m sensing a bit of sarcasm.
- This deserves an OMG! A collection of Marilyn Monroe’s writings will be released this fall, according to the Los Angeles Times’ Jacket Copy blog. I love her. And I love the title: Fragments.
- For journos and social media peeps: the Huffington Post launched their Twitter Editions this week. Pretty cool, as Twittermedia explains.
See you next week!