Slim pickings in my Google Reader this week. Here are my faves:
- Does Social Networking Kill the Author Mystique? Does it sell books? Questions raised by thriller author Jason Pinter.
- Please stand to the right (if you’re a loser), from adventurer Alastair Humphreys. “Standing on the right (of the escalator) is a metaphor for complacency,” he writes. “Is that REALLY the best use of 20 extra seconds of your life?”
- When writing becomes revision, check out these eight articles compiled by Chuck Sambuchino at Guide to Literary Agents. This post is particularly helpful for me since I’m in the midst of revising.
- From The Happiness Project: Five Tips for Planning Effective New Year’s Resolutions. Nearly half of Americans make a resolution, Gretchen Rubin says. Will you be one of the few who keeps yours?
- My former colleague and friend Lindsay Wise (along with photog Mayra Beltran) is off to Iraq to cover the war for the Houston Chronicle. I’m following her blog, not only for the information she’s provide, but also because I love that she’s making her dream of becoming a war correspondent happen.
It’s the last weekend before Christmas! In between all your shopping, present-wrapping, tree-decorating and cookie-baking, I hope you can find a few minutes to write.