Halfway through December already?! Only three more weeks to meet my revision goal.
Links from this week:
- Writer’s Digest brings you: A big mistake to avoid in story openings. Since I’ve rewritten my first two chapters about thirty times, I took note.
- Writer Ami Spencer asks, Where does the muse come from? She links to a video of Elizabeth Gilbert, author of Eat, Pray, Love, talking about creativity. I’ve meant to watch this video for some time now, so thanks to Ami for reminding me!
- Casey McCormick, who recently wrote about how she formats her manuscript, follows up with How Do I Format My E-Query? Excellent practical advice.
- Podcasting 101, at Get Known Before the Book Deal.
- Literary agent Jessica Faust says to give yourself the opportunity to choose an agent rather than simply waiting for someone to choose you.
- Should you query during the holiday season? From Chuck Sambuchino’s blog.
- Literary agent Janet Reid reminds us: if you think you’re going to be done soon when you’ve only written 85 percent of the book, you’re wrong.
Everybody have a productive week? Celebrate with a relaxing weekend.