Hey regulars! And a warm welcome to newbies who discovered this blog because of an interview I did over at Mira’s List earlier this week. Glad to have you.
Links from this week:
- How much money would you make from a New York Times Bestseller? This author tells all.
- Speaking about your book: Seven Tips for Successful Public Speaking from The Creative Penn.
- The Christian Science Monitor reviews a new book about the history of memoir (appropriately titled Memoir: A History). One interesting fact from the story: between 2004 and 2008, the genre’s sales have jumped 400 percent. Now that’s something for us memoir writers to be excited about!
- Literary agent Nathan Bransford writes about comparing your book to other books in your query or proposal. (I’ve struggled with in my own proposal, so I appreciate his advice.)
- For lovers of Strunk & White, Editor Unleashed interviews the author of Stylized: A Slightly Obsessive History of Strunk & White’s The Elements of Style. What a great idea for a book.