I’ve had a productive week of writing, writing, writing here in New York City. Hope you’ve made progress this week, too!
Some of my favorite links from this week:
- First, be sure to check out blogs by some of the folks who showed up at the blog party that began on Tuesday. A few I’ve never mentioned before: Sharon’s The Heart and Craft of Life Writing, Marla’s blog, and Elizabeth’s Mystery Writing is Murder.
- Rachelle Gardner helps answer the question, Should You Go To a Writers’ Conference?
- Now that her long-awaited novel will be published, Mary Carroll Moore shares the effort it took to complete it.
- Nominate your favorite writing blogs at Editor Unleashed — And browse the nominations for more great blog suggestions.
- Remember to use your synopsis to showcase your unique writer’s voice. (It took me a while to understand the importance of this, and I’m still trying to figure out how to get my voice in my synopsis.)
- In travel memoir news, Shelf Life reports that Eat, Pray, Love author has a sequel that will hit bookstores next year. Her ex-husband, who took his own trip after their divorce, also has a book deal. I smell feuding searches for purpose!