Did I say the first two-thirds of my manuscript would be ready for critique by Aug. 1? Who was I kidding?!
I’m getting bogged down mostly by the beginning (more about that next week if it’s still a problem). But the rest is coming together nicely, and so I say, that’s still progress!
Links I gathered for you this week:
- From publishing’s most fearsome figure, The Intern: Memoirs are about the world as much as they are about you.
- The New York Times explains why you should hope Target picks up your book.
- What makes a literary agent stop reading your query? Jessica Faust’s take.
- A new book blog from Entertainment Weekly, Shelf Life.
- Thinking about writing a book? Try writing the query first to determine whether you’ve got a solid idea.
Chapter One, you’ve got my full attention this weekend. (Well, except for Saturday night.) I will conquer you.