This week, amidst family obligations and wrapping up my coaching job, I managed to write a slew of pages, meet with an ever-so-helpful critique group and pick up a few freelancing gigs. Along the way, I collected links for every step of the writing and publishing process:
* Before writing your book, follow author Peter Bowerman’s advice and make sure it has potential.
* While you’re getting thoughts down on paper, check out Helen Ginger’s suggestions for books that are useful for writers.
* Remember that the recession is hitting publishing houses, too; for book advances, $35,000 is the new $75,000, according to Crain’s New York Business.
* Think you’ll be lucky enough to earn more than your advance? Then learn the math behind book royalties.
* Bloggers, consider these tips to get the most out of your blog title.
* This upcoming Memoir Festival in upstate New York looks cool.
* And, because reading quality writing helps me become a better writer, I bring you an awesome journalism story: A Prom Divided, from the New York Times.
Have a great weekend!