My favorite links from this week:
- Journalist David Farley tells MediaBistro’s GalleyCat how he turned his travel reporting into a book deal. Travel memoir folks, listen to this one.
- Eleven important elements of a novel or memoir, from literary agent Michael Larsen.
- When backstory helps your writing — and when it hinders it. Solid advice from author Mary Carroll Moore.
- Chris Brogan on the importance of Confidence and Conviction. Always a good reminder. I’m a big believer that this can make or break you.
- At The Art of Non-Conformity, a beginner’s guide to travel hacking. In other words, how to travel cheaply.
- Another one from GalleyCat: The Best Book Club Resources on Twitter.
- A post at The Fearless Journalist about personal freedom verses loneliness: Free to be lonely. Made me think.
- Oh! Almost forgot to add: I’m at Marianne Elliott’s blog this week talking about building a writing community.
Check back here Monday for Part II of Blogging 101!